CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Girls Camp

I was delighted when I received a call from our wards YW President asking if I would be willing to spend 3 of the 5 days at girls camp. It took no time at all for me to JUMP at the chance! I love girls camp and the Young Women. We had a lovely time and my family were all intact when I arrived home 3 days latter. Here are some pictures for you to enjoy!

I arrived just in time for hike day! This is Sam and I as we start the hike!

This is the creek we crossed. They asked me to head up the back to make sure there was no stragglers and well we got left behind as we had a handicapped girl in front of us. Oh well we did a different hike and got back before anyone else.

I just loved the creek,so beautiful!

A cool tree that we found on our hike! I love that it looks dead and alive!


Since we got back before everyone else I asked the stake if I could take Sam rock hopping since she didn't get to do the hike. (look at the water bottle holders I made for the girls! Aren't they cute!)

Proof I really did go rock hopping!
(I slipped shortly after this and got a bruise on the bottom of my big toe! Ouch!!)
This is the girls skit! They were old grannies who were reminiscing about the old days
(and the Jonas Brothers!)

Wendy and I. I'm so glad I got to know her better she's AWESOME!

This is Brother Vaden he's been going to girls camp for over 20 years! He rocks! (he's also in our ward!) In this picture is also our wards flag that I helped make! Our wards theme was Jonas and the Whales.

2 comments:

Becca and fam said...

Look at the water and the green, what fun! Love those water bottle holders you made.

Marci said...

I can totally tell that is Camp Lomia but the rock hopping creek. Oh they days. You and Wendy are beautiful while "camping" Yes I know Lomia is "real" camping.